Here are some current issues I'm dealing with.
1. I initially thought my motor mounts were incorrect because my driver side header is waaaay too low to the ground. I'm scraping, spanking (and sparking!) my headers every time I come across a dip. I later found out it's the cheap-ass Summit Headers were to blame. Nothing I can do now but ponder new headers. I'm pretty peeved about this... and people complain about Made in China stuff...
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227185

2. I'm having difficulty tuning the shift points or rather setting the TV Kickdown table for the 200-4R transmission. I've read all the online how-to's, which were all different btw, but nothing seems to get it just right. I'm going to take it to a pro in a couple of weeks. For I have it shifting *almost* right but the way it's hesitating makes me think i'm frying the clutch packs. I wonder if the Torque Converter locker makes a difference. I haven't set that up yet.
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228032
3. The other issue... I'm a dufus when it comes to knowing how to set the timing on a car. Initial timing, vacuum advanceg, blah blah blah. I can build a motor. I can install an alarm system but for some reason I can't figure how to set proper timing on the car. When the timing light tells me i'm at 32 degrees total timing she seems to run like sh*t. For now i'm just shy of pinging and forced to 91 ($$$) octane.
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228017
note: Let me also mention how awesome the guys at 'Hose Man' in Irwindale are. I needed to customize the high side of my power steering pump plumbing. They hooked me up real nice.
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226886
I also sold my 307 Small Block last week and also my AP2 S2000 Exhaust. It's nice to finally have some room in the garage. Now I need to sell the other 3 sets of wheels.
No comments:
Post a Comment