Sunday, July 13, 2008

uh oh...

just what a needed. a new distraction! and it drives phenomenally.

As a I arrived at Greg's home in Sacramento, there she was waiting for me.


A few hours later I satisfied my anality review, cut the check, killed a roll of painter's tape, and she was ready for the trip home!


5.5hrs later I realized I need a bigger garage. (Wait... doesn't Sacto-to-LA take 6-7hrs?... hahaha)


My garage is in need of a cleaning!

Things I like about the NSX.
  • Honda's first car to introduce Variable-Valve-Lift Technology to the USDM.
  • The car only weighs 2,9xx lbs. That's only ~200lbs more than my S2000.
  • The engine is amazing and mated to the best chassis i've ever driven? ...it's absolute bliss.
  • Still is a Honda with Honda bullet-proof reliability. (too bad when you tell the parts counter "it's for an NSX" prices jump 3x)
  • Honda never made any money from this car but instead it was a tribute to their F1 domination in the 80's. R&D Costs must have been $$$.
  • Steering is precise and communicative. Probably too much for the average driver (aka. Camry driver). The lack of a factory pwr steering option was a fantastic decision.
  • Cornering is flat and stable, braking short and true, noise levels acceptable.
  • Comfortable enough to function as a weekend getaway car. Arguably a capable GT.
  • One more thing... In the 3 days i've been driving it, I have yet to see another one on the road and this is LA!
Now on to the videos! (Thanks John P. for the links!

1. Acura Commercial


2. British TV Show Fifth Gear's tribute to the NSX


3. A true-to-form video about the NSX's awesomeness :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

king tuna must drive it!!!

Anonymous said...

king tuna must drive it!!

pluots-rock said...

you know it!