Monday, January 12, 2009

Updates!

It's been a while but time hasn't been wasted! I've been busy with running and operating the school (www.regancareer.com) but still find time to de-stress with the cars. I haven't bought anything new lately, thank goodness, but i'm still a long way from where I want be with the Chevelle. The NSX came along nicely. I might be done with that car for a while... except for a set of Big Brakes.

Now onto the updates!

NSX Updates:
1. Timing Belt and water pump changed. Seals, Cam plugs, valve adjustment, and maintenance
2. All coolant hoses
3. Bilstein shocks on lower perch with OEM springs
4. HKS Exhaust
5. Top Speed Headers
6. Shark II "shortie" antenna
7. BMW E36 wing-let spoiler
8. NA2 Rotor and Caliper brake upgrade



Comparison of NSX NA1 vs. NSX NA2 brake packages











Chevelle Updates:
1. Custom Fit 88-94 BMW E32 E34 5-SERIES 7-SERIES PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT - $25 @ Pick-A-Part
2. Retorque head bolts and wrap-up engine break-in procedures
3. Rochester Quadrajet Carb for the MPGs!
4. Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust System
5. Summit cheapy headers. I hate them. Need to replace for a set of shorties.
6. Various leftover stereo components
7. Boyd Junkyard Dogs 17"x8" 4" BS, 18"x9.5" 5.25" BS (On Order)

To Do: I need to figure out how I want to wire the Torque Converter Locker on my 200R-4 which I finally got to shift correctly. Adjusting the TV cable wasn't as easy as I thought. Hint, you need to buy the right TV cable bracket.


6 comments:

Diamnd66 said...

Regan, Lights are awesome.....What additional parts were needed other than what you listed? I too have a 66 and would like to upgrade my headlights!

Thanks
Diamnd66

Diamnd66 said...

Regan,

Lights are awesome.....What additional parts were needed other than what you listed? I too have a 66 and would like to upgrade my headlights!

Thanks
Diamnd66

pluots-rock said...

I can't say I needed much parts really. It was more having the right tools.

1. Small spring kit to help suspend the housing and adjust the lights. If it's a fixed mount then you won't able to adjust it.

2. Small air reciprocating saw to help cut out the hole.

3. Bolt and nut kit to help with the mounting

Can't recall much of anything else but I do have a garage full of nick nacks so I may have picked up pieces here and there like solder and soldering iron.

Diamnd66 said...

Thank you, I will take on this challenge to convert the headlights. One additional question; When pulling BMW lights, did you pull everything associated, or just the lights using the chevelle trimmings?

Thank you,
Diamnd66

Diamnd66 said...

Thank you for your prompt response. I will take on this challenge to convert the headlights. One additional question, when pulling BMW lights, did you pull everything associated, or just the lights using the chevelle trimmings?

Would like to assure I pull all the necessary parts needed to prevent any return trips to "Pick & Pull" in my location.

Thank you,
Diamnd66

pluots-rock said...

I pulled everything that's associated to the driving light including the chrome trim ring. You don't need the housing that holds the BMW High Beam and consequently the Low Beam assembly. Just take the low beam assembly.