Wednesday, June 30, 2010

NSX on Bilstein shocks and Tein S-Tech springs

Here's a summary of drop goodness
Bilsteins: .875" Bils on lower perch front & rear
Tein: Front Ride Height:-17 mm, -0.7 inch | Rear Ride Height:-26 mm, -1 inch
Total Drop: approx. 1.575 F / 1.875 R

Allowance for 18/19 taller wheels is probably about .5-.75" inches in gained ride height so net height at the chassis lift points is higher than the above total drop. You can't notice it very well in the comparo pics but the old height was about 1 "finger" gap in Front and 2 "finger" gap in the rear.

The Teins have the following spring rates
Front Spring Rate:4 kgf/mm, 224 lbs/in
Rear Spring Rate:4.4 kgf/mm, 246 lbs/in

vs.

Stock
Front Spring Rate: 170 lbs/in
Rear Spring Rate: 220 lbs/in

Impressions: The ride is noticeably more firm. I wouldn't say harsh but much less comfortable than the prior setup. It's much much less firm than my friend's Tein RAs. It all depends what you're looking for. From a handling standpoint, I'll be able to decide if I like this setup (or not) this weekend at Angeles Crest.






No comments: