Me: "How so?"
Mike: "Because it's your first one"
I hope Mike is right. I know i've been super meticulous about getting everything right. I never used my Torque Wrench this much... ever.
Crank & New Freeze Plugs Installed

Old Rods, New Hypereutectic Pistons
Issues: Taking off the rods from the old pistons was a b*tch. You have to take them to someone with a hydraulic press. Don't use the hammer/mallet method!

If taking the pistons out was a b*tch, putting them back on is a b*tch and a half. The "heating the rod method" takes some skill.

Skipping ahead a few hours... Pistons are in!

Vortec 906 heads from the machine shop

Heads, Pushrods, and rockers are in!

My Harmonic Damper should be coming soon then I can finish the build-up. Let's hope she starts!!! Or at a minimum, let's hope I don't break anything while attempting to start.
No comments:
Post a Comment